Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Baby Shower Day!


A day I have always thought about. So many emotions are tied to it and I can't believe it was just last weekend.
My Baby Shower Day.
 It was so perfect. I have the loveliest most caring friends, I tell you, they are one in a million. 
 
I am so excited to share the pictures from the special day. It was so pretty and I think I am making such a fuss about it because of all the work that went into it, not to mention the meaning. I AM HAVING A BABY. The time has come for this crazy exciting, magical time in mine and Bryce's life. 
I was lucky enough to travel to AZ for 4 days, those two extra days made all the difference. I left on Friday after work and arrived to the good ole valley of the sun around 6 pm that night. My best friend was there to pick us up, that's right me and baby girl. She hadn't seen me yet with the belly - just pictures - so in real life it's always more REAL. First stop - Bahama Bucks (an amazing little shaved ice place that has a billion flavors.) If you live in AZ or are ever there, make a pit stop, so worth it. It was so yummy and a classic favorite of ours. We made our way out to Scottsdale to meet the girls and start the preparation for the shower on Saturday. We made dinner together that night, caught up, stuffed favor bags and got prepared. It was perfect and I was so super excited. 
Shower day was a blast and it flew by of course, I mean 2 hours to catch up with all these amazing friends and family members is a tough task. I want to chat with each one, the grandma's, the cousins, the friends who just had babies - I mean I want to sit back and hear every single detail! It is just not possible but I did my very best to get around and chat with everyone the best I could. It was in my friends backyard so we were able to enjoy the weather, it was probably 89 degrees that day and in the afternoon it was quite warm but sunny and beautiful as could be. 
The food that the girls made was great, cheese and crackers, bagels, quiche, breakfast casserole, fruit skewers, truffles, cupcakes, pigs in a blanket, chocolate covered pretzels etc. Everything was delicious and super cute. It was just the right amount which was nice as well. 
 
We visited and chatted and then did gifts. I am pretty shy and don't really love attention so it's always hard to sit there while people watch you open gifts. It was nice that all the gifts were so thoughtful and were for our baby girl. I was so consumed with love, it was wonderful. Baby girl received lots of clothes (I think when having a girl, people can't pass up the cute outfits, ruffles and miniature everything) so needless to say, she'll be dressed well and we have lots of options for her. 
When the shower came to and end and we were relaxing, I just thought how lucky I am. So lucky to have such great people in my life and feel so loved. The girls gave me a box of cards - each with a month on them from 1 - 28 and in each card was a little note from someone at the shower, a little piece of advice for that time with the baby. I love this idea and it will be so nice to open them up and read each sweet letter as the baby grows. I'm sure I'll be reminded of the love and people that are there for me. Such a sweet gift. I  I talked to my mom and was telling her how appreciative I was of everything, thanking her and thanking my friends. Then came that moment of overwhelming emotions. I felt as though I couldn't thank everyone enough. I worry that each and every person knows how much I appreciate them sharing the day with me. My mom reassured me that this was my time, my time to feel loved and she said it goes to show how many people love and care about you. They support you and you deserve it. I was nice to hear but I still just wanted to thank everyone all over again. 
The remainder of the weekend was perfect. A trip to Last Chance, a girls dinner at The Parlor, a spring training game where I got to just enjoy the sun and relax with my girlfriends. Some family time in the evenings, visiting time with Grandma's and aunts - just what I planned. 
I was such a nice weekend and I got to spend lots of time with my mom, too. I loved that since I don't get to see her nearly enough. I am so excited for her to come stay with us when baby girl comes, her presence and help will be wonderful to have. 
 
Now lastly I must say a big thank you to everyone who came to the shower and to my closest girlfriends for doing such a wonderful job hosting! I love you so much! 
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. 


6 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! :) That dress is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the details of the shower. Looked like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. What a beautiful shower they hosted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty shower and special celebrations for a precious princess and her mama x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so gorgeous in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips